Sider

mandag den 7. november 2011

The Great Bear

Film poster design and advertising

I worked as AD on the design of the teatrical poster for the CGI animated feature The Great Bear.
The film is directed by Esben Toft Jacobsen (whose filmschool graduation film poster I also did).
Produced and distributed by danish film company Copenhagen Bombay.
The film has won several international film prizes.

I also designed the films website here:

International/English version:


This poster was not an easy job, but fun. With sketching and 3D posing (by a 3D modeller and poser), lighting and then finishing, retouching and adding film title, corporate logos, etc, I think it took me two weeks working around the clock. It was hard but I think it paid off. I got a lot of experience out of that one poster alone..







Website:

Screenshot of the official (danish) website for the movie. 


Sketches:
Below are some of the sketches I made, trying to find the right image for the poster.
This one was a sketch for the teaser poster. Sadly never used. See if you can find The Great Bear..



Sketch for the film poster


A more thorough sketch. But I decided that it was too crowded.
But I liked the "Adventure movie" style it had.


Copyright Copenhagen Bombay



Ingen kommentarer: